Bachelor of science in systems programming
- Discrete Mathematics
- The course will give a wide knowledge in discrete mathematic
structures, and gives knowledge in problem solving using discrete
- The course will give the student the mathematic foundation which is
necessary for studies in electrical and computer technical subjects such
as microcomputer technique, electronic engineering, and data
communication. The course is heading for the use of the mathematic as an
instrument. Because of this, much time is spent on understanding,
calculating, and problem solving of real problems.
- The course will give the student fundamental knowledge in theory in
probability, statistics, simulations, statistic methods for describing,
and numerical computation of data material.
- Transform theory
- The course will give the fundamental knowledge in signal analysing
against the study of dynamical systems. In the course, the major
discussion concerns the problems in dividing the spectrals in periodical
as well as non-periodical time-events in sinus formed components.
- Digital electronic engineering
- The course gives the student the fundamental knowledge in digital
electronic engineering. Both analog and digital techniques are discussed,
though. The course will give a good foundation for further studies of
electronic engineering, electrical measure technique, and computer
- Programming technique
- The course will give wide knowledge in good programming style. The
student shall also get knowledge in what is expected of a programmer to
perform tasks. Alternative programming languages The course will give the
fundamental knowledge in different programming languages differences,
possibilities, and limitations. The course will also give the student
further experiences in programming by laboratory experiments. The course
includes C, FORTRAN, and Prolog.
- Computer technique
- The course will give knowledge in the computer's structure and
functions. The course deals with microcomputers in order to give
experience in how these can be used as system components in industrial
- Operating system
- The course gives knowledge in those tasks that for instance meet a
system administrator. The course will give theoretical knowledge in how
the computers' activities are administrated by the operating system.
Practical knowledge is given by laboratory experiments.
- Database theory
- The course aims at to give the fundamental and wide knowledge in
database systems' constructions and functions. The course will give the
student extensive experience in relational database systems' structure and
functions from a database administrator's point of view. The course also
gives knowledge in networkdatabases and hierarchical database systems.
- Data communication and network
- The course will give the student a fundamental and wide knowledge in
leading and take part of projects, aiming at projecting/developing local
- System development
- The course will give the student understanding and proficiency in
using methods within the work to change organizations, specially with
methods to develop computerized systems.
- Business English
- The course will give the student knowledge in writing and verbal
language proficiency in order to meet the future tasks in companies.
- Final exam project
- The course will give the student an opportunity to make use of the
theoretical and practical knowledge in all courses, and get further
knowledge in the area that the practice aims at.